If you’re a frequent traveller, photo-snapper and can’t be without your phone/camera, then you need these things in your life!
1. An array of cables and adaptors – $5+
There’s nothing more frustrating than turning up somewhere and finding you’ve got low battery. Within minutes everything seems to run out of battery, you lose contact with people, and you end up crying on a foreign street… Just me?– Universal plug adaptor (compatible with sockets in most countries).
– USB cables for your phone and/or camera (useful if you want to upload pictures to a hostel computer).
– USB compatible charger (in case your regular charger breaks).
There are actually lots of products online that combine all the functions you need. However, we recommend getting a few different solutions so that if one breaks, you have a back-up.
2. Camera Tripod / Selfie Stick – $10+Stop worrying about the judging eyes of people when you whip out your selfie stick! Don’t fret about getting in people’s way with your tripod. If you want a photo of your whole gang, without the lamy photography skills of a passing stranger, you need a travel tripod or a selfie stick.
3. Bags of Bags! – $5+If you’re into adventure sports or slumming it then these things are a godsend. They give you the freedom to splash around in the sun without drenching all your electronics.
– Dry bags (large enough for a digital camera and accessories).
– Mini waterproof bag (compact size for a phone or a slim camera).
– Day bag (if you don’t want to be carrying a bag the size of a small hippo around with you every day, make sure to bring a smaller alternative for day trips).
– Camera bag (to save your camera from damage and accidents).
– Cable case (to easily check that all cables are present and correct).